She has developed a second career as a textile artist. Whilst working as a lawyer for 25 years, she studied art at the Open College of the Arts and then for the City and Guilds certificate, in her spare time.
- the use of exciting colour schemes;
- influences of Islamic art and fractals;
- they express a spiritual quality. Ideally she would like each piece to contain a door into the next world somehow.
- an interplay of movement and stillness, via the use of pattern.
- she aims for the works to have a presence, and a “wow” factor.
Exhibitions and commissions
Vicky Glyn exhibits her art regularly at shows in the UK and overseas including Dubai, and took part in the Deptford X Festival. Her work was selected for an exhibition at the V&A Museum. She has also had solo exhibitions of her wall hangings at The Framers Gallery, in London’s West End, and at Holy Trinity Church, Sloane Square. She has shown her work in palliative care units, churches, counselling/ therapy centres. She has had commissions for clients in the UK, Venice and Scandinavia.
Vicky is a member of Horsham Artists, The Quilters Guild of the British Isles, and Christian Arts society.